Create a Comic Book About Your Subject
Let's go for our second 3-day mission. Let's create a comic book that helps learners to understand content, because they can visualize and contextualize the content. For this task, you will take a chapter or section from your coursebook or curriculum and transform the material into a comic book.
To accomplish this task:
1st. Choose any of the comic book creation tools listed below:
2nd. With this tool, create a comic book of the unit, section, or topic of your choice.
3rd. When your comic book is completed, please submit your story by following these instructions:
- Click the button below labeled Add a new discussion.
- In the Subject, include your first and last name's Comic Book and Topic. For example, Jane Doe, a science teacher who chose to teach students about the volcanic eruptions, might write in the Subject line Jane Doe's Comic Book: Wonder Jane's Journey into the Erupted World
- In the Message, include
- what you liked about the tool and briefly describe the tool's features.
- include a link to your comic book.
- Click Post to Forum so that your story is recorded. Check to see that your submission is posted to the forum.
4th. Do not forget to tweet your stories if you are into Twitter. Use the course hashtag, #storytelling_INTEF.
This mission is voluntary but it will help you explore the topic more and give you the opportunity to receive extra feedback from your instructor and peers. Have a look at some of the comics designed by peers at former editions for inspiration: March 2014, October 2014.