Create a Collaborative Voicethread Story
Voicethread is one of the best free collaborative tools and IOS apps for teachers. This tool allows educators to create accounts for students without e-mail and offers a choice of avatars. Teachers can upload images, documents, and videos that are turned into a multimedia slideshow where learners and others can navigate slides and comment in various ways. Leave voice comments with a mic or by telephone, create text, upload an audio file, leave a comment through a webcam, or choose a colored pen and doodle on the presentation. Many privacy options are available and the project is embeddable.
Follow these instructions:
1st Register for a free Voicethread account by clicking here.
2nd Create the beginning of a story and invite your peers to contribute to this story.
3rd When your digital story is completed, please submit your story by following these instructions:
- Click the button below labeled Add a new discussion topic.
- In the Subject, include your first and last name's voicethread story: for example, Jane Doe would write in the Subject line Jane Doe's Voicethread Story: A Cultural Pie.
- In the Message, include:
- a link to your Voicethread.
- Embed the story by copying/pasting the embed code, which you get from Voicethread. Then click on HTML and paste that code. Make sure to click Update to see that the story embeds.
- Click Post to Forum so that your story is recorded. Check to see that your submission is posted to the forum.
This is a voluntary mission. However, this type of missions help you explore the topic more and give you the opportunity to receive extra feedback from your instructor and peers. Have a look at the voicethreads by peers at former editions for inspiration: March 2014, October 2014.