4.1. Global Digital Storytelling Presentation
Creating a digital story with a class in another location, city, state, or country is very empowering for students. They get to practice organization skills online and see how it differs from face-to-face team work. The process also introduces learners to new cultures.
For this task, you will evaluate global projects that have a digital storytelling component. You will examine how the digital story is organized online and edited. You will make observations and present your findings in a presentation. Then you will assess two of your peers' presentations.
To accomplish this task:
1st. Choose any of these global projects to evaluate:
- Write Your Story
- The Monster Project
- The Global Read Aloud
- The Lunchbox Project
- The Global Hello Project
- Greetings from Around the World
- Coffee Chug Wiki
- The Odyssey World Trek
2nd. Choose any of the following presentation tools listed below to create your Global Project Evaluation presentation:
- Present.me - Use video to narrate a slideshow
- BrainShark - audio to narrate a slideshow
- Vuvox - slideshow with clickable spots
- Capzles - looks like a timeline. Add video, pdfs, etc.
- Prezi- multimedia presentation tool that embeds video with cool transitions
3rd. With this presentation tool, create your Global Project Evaluation presentation and include the following:
- name of the project & the url
- what the project does
- how many different schools were involved and their locations
- what was the main platform/tool where the project was organized
- what was the main tool(s) used to create the story
- how the students from each school contributed their parts
- how the students from each school edited the story
- what was one of your favorite parts of the project
- what you think could have been improved
- include screenshots of the project
- include a screenshot or embed one of the stories created from the project
4th. When your presentation is completed, please submit it by following these instructions:
- Click the button below labeled Add a new discussion topic.
- In the Subject, include your first and last name's Global Project Evaluation: Name of Project. For example, if Jane Doe created her story about the Monsters Project, she would write in the Subject line Jane Doe's Global Project Evaluation: Monster Project.
- In the Message, include:
- a link to your presentation and the main location of the global project.
- If you have a video, slideshow, book, or other multimedia, you will have to embed your story. Embed the story by copying/pasting the embed code, which you get from the web tool. Then click on HTML and paste that code. Make sure to click Update to make sure the story embeds.
- Click Post to Forum so that your story is recorded. Check to see that your submission is posted to the forum.
- Read other peers' presentations. Choose at least two of them and respond by using the Global Digital Storytelling Presentation rubric. Please add your personal comments, too.
5th. Do not forget to tweet your presentation. Use the course hashtag, #storytelling_INTEF.
The instructor will verify that you have completed your Global Evaluation presentation and posted it in the forum as well as that you have commented on two of your peers' presentations. Your output will be assessed using the corresponding rubric.