Create a Collaborative Voicethread Story
Voicethread is one of the best free collaborative tools and IOS apps for teachers. This tool allows educators to create accounts for students without e-mail and offers a choice of avatars. Teachers can upload images, documents, and videos that are turned into a multimedia slideshow where learners and others can navigate slides and comment in various ways. Leave voice comments with a mic or by telephone, create text, upload an audio file, leave a comment through a webcam, or choose a colored pen and doodle on the presentation. Many privacy options are available and the project is embeddable.
Follow these instructions:
1st Register for a free Voicethread account by clicking here.
2nd Create the beginning of a story and invite your peers to contribute to this story.
3rd When your digital story is completed, please submit your story by following these instructions:
- Click the button below labeled Add a new discussion topic.
- In the Subject, include your first and last name's voicethread story: for example, Jane Doe would write in the Subject line Jane Doe's Voicethread Story: A Cultural Pie.
- In the Message, include:
- a link to your Voicethread.
- Embed the story by copying/pasting the embed code, which you get from Voicethread. Then click on HTML and paste that code. Make sure to click Update to see thatthe story embeds.
- Click Post to Forum so that your story is recorded. Check to see that your submission is posted to the forum.
4th Make sure you tweet your story using the course hashtag, #storytelling_INTEF and the mission hashtag #collaborativevoicethread.
This is a voluntary mission. However, this type of missions help you explore the topic more and give you the opportunity to receive extra feedback from your instructor and peers. Have a look at the voicethreads by peers at former editions for inspiration: March 2014.